- Quarry Arts Centre
- Past and Present: The Quarry Arts Centre is celebrating the creativity of staff, past and present, with a new exhibition. On until 16 September
- Casual Clay (https://quarryarts.org/
product-category/art- workshops/) : An ever increasing demand for opportunities to participate means the Quarry has increased the number of sessions the clay room is open to casual users
- Are you in Te Taitokerau and keen on doing a 2-part mould making workshop with Tim Grocott in Kerikeri? Email Briar on firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.
- New Phoenix woodkiln at the Quarry
- The Quarry Arts Centre and the Whangarei Woodfiring Roopu are hoping to collaborate to build a Phoenix Fastfire at the Quarry this summer. Under the guidance of the amazing Duncan Shearer they are aiming to create a smaller kiln that will complement the use of the large community kiln. The Phoenix will be used by professional potters as well as supporting learning opportunities for woodfirers from across Te Tai Tokerau and for the Otago Polytechnic Ceramics diploma program.
Have attached a picture of the concrete pad being laid for the phoenix kiln that was recently rebuilt at Driving Creek under Duncan’s guidance.